- Title: The Law of the Sea: The African Union and its Member States
- Editor/s: Vrancken, P; Tsamenyi, M
- Publisher: Juta
- Publication Year: 2017, 1st Edition
- ISBN: 9781485120964
- Bib. Info: Soft cover, 878pp
The overarching vision of the 2050 Africa’s Integrated Maritime Strategy is to foster increased wealth creation from Africa’s oceans and seas by developing a sustainable thriving blue economy in a secure and environmentally sustainable manner. The Law of the Sea: The African Union and its Member States provides a first and firm foundation for an assessment and the further development of the legal aspects of ocean governance on the continent.
It is an indispensable reference for all the role players in the African Maritime Domain, including agencies and governments, business, civil society, lawyers scientists and students.
The structure of the book is as follows:
- The AU and the law of the sea
- The Atlantic coast
- The Indian Ocean coast
- The Mediterranean coast
- Close to 20 national chapters
- Landlocked states