- Title: Fontes Juris Legislation Noted 1828-2013
- Author: JF Uys
- Product Information: Volume 11 to 15 (5 volume set). Set as new.
- ISBN: Volume 11: 978-1-874984-19-1; Volume 12: 978-1-874984-20-7; Volume 13: 978-1-874984-21-4; Volume 14: 978-1-874984-22-1; Volume 15: 978-1-874984-23-8
LEGISLATION is now the most quoted source of the law in South African judgments. Therefore, if a lawyer has to deal with a piece of legislation, he/she MUST know which cases considered it!
LEGISLATION Noted 1828-2013 is hereby offered to you for uncovering such knowledge quickly and fully. If you have to deal with a certain section, subsection or paragraph of a domestic, foreign or international law or rule of court, you can usually complete your search for authorities by using only LEGISLATION Noted and the Law Reports.
LEGISLATION Noted gives you the names and references of all cases which noted a particular section etc. And some of these cases may refer you to other cases, literature or legislation.
In a relatively short time you will therefore collect most or all the authorities dealing with your problem.
The Scope of Fontes Juris LEGISLATION Noted 1828-2013
LEGISLATION Noted is presented to you as Volumes 11-15 of Fontes Juris – The Sources of the Law Noted in South African High Courts Judgments since 1828.
- Volumes 1 to 10 of Fontes Juris (out of print) listed the CASES and LITERATURE noted by judges.
- But Volumes 11-15: LEGISLATION Noted is an independent tool for your legal research – even if you don’t have Fontes Juris Volumes 1-10.
- LEGISLATION Noted lists 100 000 references to 20 000 pieces of LEGISLATION noted in the cases reported during the 185 years since 1828.
- Every piece of legislation mentioned in the judgments is listed: therefore not only those in the fly-notes or head-notes of the printed law reports.
- Also included are all references in the cases to INTERNATIONAL LAWS and RULES OF COURTS