- Title: Contemporary Issues in Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Author: M Mkansi, N McLennon, G de Villiers
- Publisher: Van Schaik
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Publication Year: 2019
- ISBN: 9780627035906
- Bib. Info: Paperback; 297pp
Good operations and supply chain management practices are fundamental for the survival of both private and public organisations offering goods or rendering services. Because these practices are subject to evolving market and macro issues, which are themselves intrinsic to micro practices and processes, it is of great importance to study, understand and address current concerns. Contemporary issues in operations and supply chain management reveals a wide range of present-day matters that focus on the deep multiplicity of relationships between operations, supply chains and the changing business environment.
Contemporary issues in operations and supply chain management offers tools and techniques to cope with the ever-increasing forces of supply versus demand, against the backdrop of limited resources and a constantly changing business environment. It offers a well-balanced approach between theory and practice by including contemporary issues and cases within the industry, Africa and the rest of the world.
Contemporary issues in operations and supply chain management aims to have international reach and relevance for a broad audience, including, but not necessarily limited to
- business practitioners of all kinds in any sector
- middle and senior managers in industry (both buyer and supplier organisations)
- academia – undergraduates and postgraduates from higher education establishments, universities, colleges, etc.
- professional bodies (as recommended text/learning materials)
- members of industry trade associations
- anyone else seeking insights into contemporary issues in operations and supply chain management.
Professionals with years of experience in the field will benefit from this book as methods and strategies inherited from the past appear to no longer fit the realities presented by the ever-changing modern business environment.