- Title: Changing our Worlds – Art as Transformative Practice
- Author/s: Michelle LeBaron and Janis Sarra
- Publisher: African Sun Media
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Publication Year: 2018
- ISBN: 9781928357865
- Bib. Info: Paperback; 196pp
Changing Our Worlds draws on the wisdom of African artists, theorists, educators and leaders. It profiles an array of transformative arts projects that, among other things, changed attitudes and behaviours toward HIV testing and prevention, helped rural citizens to design and build a new community centre and supported those with HIV/AIDS to strengthen their resilience. As a group of scholar/practitioners, collaborating on the book reinforced our confidence in the potency of arts practices to unsettle unjust orders, inspire new visions and embrace the human dignity that comes from acknowledging the interdependent world in which we live.