- Title: Beat About The Bush – Exploring the Wild: The Comprehensive Guide
- Author: Trevor Carnaby
- Publisher: Jacana Media
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Publication Year: 2015
- ISBN: 9781431420759
- Bib. Info: Paperback; 614pp
Beat About The Bush is a series of remarkable books for outdoor and nature lovers. This comprehensive guide has been expanded to include not only mammals, birds and reptiles, but amphibians, invertebrates, plants, field signs and clues as well.
The information is portrayed in the same detailed yet user-friendly, question-and-answer format.
Have you ever wondered …
- why birds often fly in formation
- why hornbills call with their wings open
- why cuckoos lay their eggs in other birds’ nests
- and how long crocodiles can stay under water with one breath?
Interesting information on the plants these animals depend on is also included, as are the most interesting aspects of climate/weather, geology, astronomy and bush management practices.
Trevor Carnaby has been working as a professional field guide for the last 20 years. Passionate about Africa, he is actively involved in guide training and spends a great deal of time photographing Southern and East Africa’s wildlife, people and landscapes, while leading tailored, privately guided safaris through his company, Beat about the Bush Safaris.