- Title: A Scholarship of Doctoral Education On Becoming A Researcher
- Editors: Petro du Preez & Shan Simmonds (CODA by Jonathan Jansen)
- Publisher: African Sun Media
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Publication Year: 2018
- ISBN: 9781928357926
- Bib. Info: Paperback; 340pp
This edited collection is cohesive by a focus on becoming: becoming a doctoral student, becoming a researcher, becoming an academic, and becoming a supervisor.
This journey of becoming takes us from pre-enrolment in a doctoral programme, through the many phases of candidature and into the post-doctoral environment. Both advancing theory, and providing very practical examples, this book is of immense value to doctoral students and academics not only in South Africa – for whom it should be a mandatory read – but also for doctoral education researchers, doctoral students and supervisors worldwide, as the themes covered extend well beyond the borders of South Africa.
Series: Research into Higher Education Series